If yes, then read on :-) ...
In January ODTUG started a little competition where you could win a dinner for two at KScope13 in New Orleans by telling about your favorite experience from KScope. I entered a little story from KScope12 where I presented on analytic functions.
Surprise, surprise - I won \o/ ... But as I haven't spotted any other entries in the competition, I have the funny feeling that it isn't really an earned prize. I like to cook, though, so I won't let a chance to sample cajun cooking go by ;-)
The dinner is for two - and I am just one person. So I got an idea that I could achieve several things simultaneously:
- I could help raise money for HandsOn New Orleans who organize volunteer work.
- I could find a dinner companion that wouldn't mind SQL small talk ;-)
- I could get a great feeling that now my prize would be really earned.
Here's the deal:
- Donate to HandsOn New Orleans via ODTUG. (The amount is up to you - any donation will help.)
- Comment on this post stating that you have donated - that will be your ticket to the raffle.
- At the KScope Community Service Day during lunch we will draw the winner.
- Dinner will be someday during KScope. (Perhaps saturday evening after the community service day?)
So if you want a dinner where it is OK to be geeky and discuss hash joins, go ahead and enter the raffle :-D
Hopefully this can raise a few bob that will help New Orleans as that great city gets back on its feet.